How to pass multiple hostgroups in status.cgi parameter

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jun 10 22:55:02 CEST 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 8:34 AM, <ajay.atiwari at wipro.com> <ajay.atiwari at wipro.com
 > wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having multiple hostgroups with some name.
> I want to see only certain hostgroup status as an output of
> status.cgi. For Ex: only 2 hostgroup out of available 7 hostgrooups.
> Is there any way to pass parameter of certain hostgraoup names like
> status.cgi?hostgroup=name1,name2
> I can see that status.cgi accepts the parameter like hostgroup=all
> or hostgroup=name  . Does it possible to pass the multiple hostgroup
> name in status.cgi or Any alternate way to achieve it?

Passing multiple names is not possible as far as I know without
looking at the code (I believe it so much I'm not going to look). An
alternative may be to configure Authorization (mentioned in a
different thread today), and create a login that is a contact for all
hosts in those two hostgroups. Logging in with that username would
restrict the 'hostgroup=all' view to just those two hostgroups.

--
Marc