Problem using check_http with ssl

Ryan wyild1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:27:50 CEST 2009

Morning

I am having a problem with the check_http plugin for checking an website
using SSL.  Below is the output of what im trying to do

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -w 5 -c 10 -v -S -t 30 -H
spc.oatiwebtms.com
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: spc.oatiwebtms.com

Error on receive

and the same error when trying this site:

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -w 5 -c 10 -v -S -t 30 -H www.oati.net
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: www.oati.net

Error on receive

I can use openssl s_client to connect to the site so i know that works.  I
have tried changing the user agent to Mozilla but that still didnt help.  I
do know that when i go to the website via Firefox or IE i always get a
certificate warning.  Could that be affecting this?  I have run out of
ideas!

Cheers!
Ryan

--
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live
forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that