Speed up nagios GUI?

Matthew Jurgens nagiosusers at edcint.co.nz
Tue Jun 9 02:59:27 CEST 2009

Tore Lønøy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone have used FastCGI on apache or similar, to
> speed up the nagios interface?

Are you experiencing any specific problems? Are you accessing it over a
WAN or LAN? Is the server overloaded?
The reason I ask these questions is that for me the interface is very
fast and the html seems well written, efficient and works well with
browser caching. I'm wondering if you have some other problem eg
overloaded server, slow links etc

I use Nagios internally over a LAN - no problems.
I also use it over a WAN - no problems.
Can you try the following demo server and let me know how the
responsiveness is for you?
https://www.smartmon.com.au/nagios/ (user:demo1_siteadmin, pass:demo1)

Initially I thought I had gzipped the output of the entire site but it
appears that I have missed the Nagios portion of the site. So let me
know how it goes and then I will gzip the Nagios component of the site
and then ask you if you notice any difference

--
Smartmon System Monitoring <http://www.smartmon.com.au>
www.smartmon.com.au