mbstring not loaded error message with nagvis

Simon Kainz simon.kainz at tugraz.at
Fri Jun 5 07:58:23 CEST 2009

Hi !

Please try the following:

Create a file test.php with the following content:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Put this somewhere in you html folder, e.g where the nagvis config.php
and index.php reside).

Then acess it via a browser  http://<your nagvis url>/test.php

You will see a list if php modules. Check if mbstring is shown.

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Hi there --
>
> I went through the motions of installing NagVis 1.4 onto our Nagios
> 3.0.6 server, and when I try
> to access the nagvis page from the server console, the following error
> message appears on-screen:
>
> the php module "mbstring" is not loaded
>
> I verified the php-mbstring package was installed by running the yum
> utility. What do I need to
> do in order to get NagVis operational? Thanks.

Please also check if apache was restarted in order to let the php module
notice thate mbstring is available. Eventually restart apache and check
the output if test.php if the module is available.

Regards,

--
DI Simon Kainz
Graz, University of Technology