nagios -->> ndo2db -->> centreon

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jun 4 20:36:13 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 19:05 +0200, Romain Le Merlus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:18 PM, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>
> wrote:
>
>         I have two nagios hosts.cfg files:
>         /etc/nagios/hosts.cfg
>         /usr/local/centreon/filesGeneration/nagiosCFG/1/hosts.cfg
>
>         neither of them contains the host I created...
>         I grepped all of the cfg files and none of them contain it...
>
> It seems that you did not generate & restart your configuration from
> the main Centreon server ?
> Configuration > Nagios > Nagios
>
> Do you select the correct poller on the form ?
> Do you have any debug/informations when you run it from Centreon ?

Alright, now the information is getting to nagios. I had the hosts added
and enabled in centreon, but they were enabled in a host group. When I
applied to nagios, the hosts seem to be there in the config file, but
still not showing up in the gui.

Close now!

Thanks,
James

# cat /etc/nagios/hosts.cfg
#                                                                 #
#                       GENERATED BY CENTREON                     #
#                                                                 #
#               Developped by :                                   #
#                   - Julien Mathis                               #
#                   - Romain Le Merlus                            #
#                                                                 #
#                           www.centreon.com                      #
#                For information : contact at centreon.com           #
#                                                                 #
#         Last modification June 4, 2009, 12:34 pm                #
#                                                                 #

define host{
        name                            generic-host
        alias                           generic-host
        check_command                   check_host_alive
        max_check_attempts                      5
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          0
        check_period                    24x7
        contact_groups                  Supervisors
        notification_interval           0
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            d,r
        notifications_enabled           0
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Printers
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           Printers
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Router-Cisco
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           Cisco Routers
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Router-HP
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           HP Routers
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Servers-Linux
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           Linux Servers
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Servers-Win2K
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           Windows 2000 Servers
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Servers-Win2K3
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           Windows 2003 Servers
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Switchs-3Com
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           3Com Switchs
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Switchs-Cisco
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           Cisco Switchs
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Switchs-HP
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           HP Switchs
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            Switchs-NORTEL
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           NORTEL Switchs
        register                                0
}

define host{
        name                            UPS
        use                             generic-host
        alias                           UPS
        register                                0
}

define host{
        host_name                               Centreon-Server
        use                             Servers-Linux
        alias                           Monitoring Server
        address                         127.0.0.1
        hostgroups                      Linux_Servers
}

define host{
        host_name                               xen02.pca.com
        use                             Servers-Linux
        alias                           pcalakxen02
        address                         10.96.4.152
        hostgroups                      Linux_Servers
        check_command                   check_host_alive
        max_check_attempts                      10
        check_interval                  1
        active_checks_enabled           0
        passive_checks_enabled          0
        check_period                    24x7
        obsess_over_host                        0
        check_freshness                 0
        flap_detection_enabled          0
        process_perf_data                       0
        retain_status_information               0
        retain_nonstatus_information    0
        notification_interval           1
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            d,u
        notifications_enabled           1
}

define host{
        host_name                               xen03.pca.com
        use                             Servers-Linux
        alias                           pcalakxen03
        address                         10.96.4.153
        hostgroups                      Linux_Servers