Hostgroup subtraction?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jun 4 20:37:55 CEST 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 12:25 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:

> For this example, that works, and perhaps for the original poster
> it's good enough. I'm running into a very similar situation,
> however, where I have a list of hostgroups in a base definition, and
> I just want to remove one hostgroup from that list. I don't want to
> override the entire list, however, because it might change in the
> future, and then I'd have to change it in two spots. Plus, I want to
> keep the other hostgroups, I just don't want the one specific one.
> So is there a way to remove one (or more) item(s) from an inherited
> hostgroup list, without overriding the entire thing? Thanks.

If the previously mentioned ! notation doesn't work then I don't
really have any suggestions. I haven't had a need to use that kind of
functionality before (I use dead simple inheritance) so I don't have
anything to fall back on. If it doesn't work, that'd be a nifty and
logical feature IMHO.

--
Marc