nagios -->> ndo2db -->> centreon

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jun 4 02:05:29 CEST 2009

> > [1243983525] ndomod: Still unable to connect to data sink.  6645243
> > items lost, 5000 queued items to flush.
> > [1243983663] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
> >
> > I'm not sure where else to look for the problem. If anyone has any
> > ideas
> > or debugging suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
>
> It looks like ndomod can't talk to ndo2db. Is the ndo2db daemon
> running and listening on the specified IP/port? Turn on debug in
> ndo2db.cfg and look in /var/log/messages and the debug file for
> errors. Check your mysql log for errors as well.

I seem to have made some progress. I had multiple ndomod.cfg and
ndo2db.cfg. Centreon was writing them to one place and ndo was using the
other. I renamed the originals and linked them so they are referencing
the same ones. Now I see this in /var/lib/nagios/nagios.log:
[1244069666] ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data sink!  0 items lost, 57 queued items to flush.
[1244069666] ndomod: Successfully flushed 57 queued items to data sink.
[1244070063] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.

Unfortunately I still don't see the host I setup in centreon being
monitored by nagios, and it's not listed in nagios' status.log.

I also don't see anything in mysql.log or messages.

Thanks,
James