Stop Nagios before applying up2date?

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:27:13 CEST 2009

Its not required, but after a reboot or reload of certain libraries, you
could possibly see issues. In general, you should be fine. However our
Nagios server is also our Cacti server and Cacti builds against the
exact versions of snmp, so when this is upgraded as part of up2date or
yum, then we have to recompile Cacti. Depending on what or what else
you're doing, you could see similar issues... especially with mySQL,
etc. Its sort of a crapshoot... but once you do it the first time,
you'll know the answer for all subsequent times. :)

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan