usage of check_nrpe

Anirudh Srinivasan srianirudh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:46:48 CEST 2009

I am using NRPE plugins to monitor the remote linux server.

Here is my question :

i use the following command on the NAGIOS MONITORING SERVER:

define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe_syslog
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c check_log
}

My SERVICES.CFG looks like this:

define service{
use                             default-service
host_name                       test-server
service_description             linux syslog check
check_command                   check_nrpe_syslog
}
on the REMOTE LINUX SERVER:

There are two queries  one is "DEAD" and the other is "error" in my nrpe.cfg
file
 command[check_log]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_log -F /var/log/messages
-O /var/log/check_log.messages.error -q 'DEAD'
command[check_log]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_log -F /var/log/messages -O
/var/log/check_log.messages.error -q 'error'

Will this check both the queries  DEAD and error and show on the web
interface or will this check only the query "DEAD". I would like to check
both the query .

How do i work on this . Please help me .

Thanks in adv
--
Anirudh