3D Status Map Java exception error?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jun 3 17:11:16 CEST 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Andrew Davis wrote:

> Client is a Mac (OS X 10.5.7) with Firefox 3.x. A VRML viewer *is*
> installed.

Why so coy about which one you've installed? That's an important bit
of information, no? At the very least you can confirm that someone
else has successfully used it.

> Clicking on the 3-D Status Map link launch a Java applet that then
> says: "Unable to launch the application."
>
> If I click the "Details" button, the header of the window says:
> "Error: Could not parse launch file. Error at line 0."

Sounds like a compatibility issue with the supposed VRML viewer you've
chosen. Does it speak VRML V2.0? Have you tried a different viewer?

--
Marc