Trouble with check_nrpe+check_hpasm

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Tue Jun 2 17:34:52 CEST 2009

<CSingh at lightspeedresearch.com> writes:

> Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to get it fixed. Check_hpasm
> plugin needs to be run with root privileges. So, on locsys,

No, it doesn't. The check_hpasm plugin will automatically try to use
sudo unless it is run as root. Add the following to your /etc/sudoers
file:

  xyzuser ALL=NOPASSWD:/sbin/hpasmcli
  xyzuser ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/hpacucli

Also, you need to disable "requiretty", i.e. comment out this line:

  Defaults    requiretty

That is all :)

Cheers,
--
Trond Hasle Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo