Trouble with check_nrpe+check_hpasm

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jun 2 00:39:37 CEST 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 4:45 PM, <CSingh at lightspeedresearch.com> <CSingh at lightspeedresearch.com
 > wrote:

> I am monitoring system named locsys from NAGIOS server named Nagios.
>
> I can get check_hpasm to work locally on the system being monitored
> (locsys) but I am unable to get check_hpasm to work with check_nrpe
> when monitored through NAGIOS server. Other monitoring commands work
> fine with check_nrpe with the same combination. Here are some
> command outputs to provide a better understanding.
>
> [root at locsys ~]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_hpasm
> OK - System: 'proliant dl360 g3', S/N: 'xxxxxx', ROM: 'P31
> 09/15/2004', hardware working fine, da: 1 logical drives, 2 physical
> drives

Does this work as the user NRPE runs as? You should never test nagios-
related tasks as root. Permission differences will lead you down wrong
paths and waste a lot of time.

> Any clues would be appreciated.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nrpe/NRPE.pdf - Troubleshooting
section. If the first part doesn't help, NRPE's debug mode may.

--
Marc