duplicate services definition

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jun 1 22:16:23 CEST 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Livio Zanol Puppim wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to modify how my configuration files are written, and
> have choosed to make one CFG file per host monitored. The file
> contain the host itself and all the services monitored on that host.
> Using this configuration makes nagios3 return a bunch of WARNING
> messages about "Duplicate definition", but works just fine. Are
> there any problems in using this kind of design?

You shouldn't be seeing Duplicate warnings unless the definitions are
duplicated. You don't want duplicates and probably have them defined
in both your old and new configs, both of which you've told nagios to
use (cfg_file in nagios.cfg). Bear in mind that if you're using the
cfg_dir directive there, it's recursive and may be catching you as
well..

--
Marc