Tomcat Monitoring?

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Fri Jul 31 19:53:36 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

you might have a look at http://www.jmx4perl.org
It's a small war-file which handles all the Java stuff and exports
everything JMX through a restful HTTP interface.
On the Nagios side you have a perl module JMX::Jmx4Perl and the plugin
check_jmx4perl.
We use it to monitor heapsize, thread created/sec, active threads,
filedescriptors, bytesrcvd/sent ...
The advantage over check_jmx is, you have 1. no need for Java on the client
side, 2. one solution for every type of app server, 3. the possibility to
measure increase/sec

Gerhard

  _____