nrpe won't connect - contradictory messages in log - SOLVED (partly)

Whit Blauvelt whit+nagios at transpect.com
Thu Jul 30 04:17:10 CEST 2009

Thanks Tarak!

That gets it working. In this case, using the name as assigned to the IP in
/etc/hosts (simply "system2") does the job, where giving the IP did not.
That might not even count as "fully qualified." Since this is just an IP of
an interface on a crossover cable, there was never reason to name it better
than that.

Regards,
Whit