Check result from check_mssql.pl returns "null" from nagios, but OK from shell ??

Mirza Dedic mirde at oppy.com
Thu Jul 30 00:52:00 CEST 2009

Getting close here :)

Can't locate utils.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/plugins /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mssql line 35.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mssql line 35

This was in the error log once I ran the check through Nagios with your command.

I looked into the check_mssql script,

And it had:

use File::Temp qw/ :mktemp  /;
use vars qw($opt_h $hostname $verbose $PROGNAME $user $password $port $timeout $online $query $match_string $warning $critical $database
        $instance $tdsversion);
use lib "/opt/plugins";
use utils qw($TIMEOUT %ERRORS &print_revision &support);
use Nagios::Plugin::Range;

Once I changed the "use lib" to:

use lib "/ust/local/nagios/libexec";

It worked flawlessly.

Thanks for your help.

Ps. I think the 2>/tmp/log.err is going to come useful to debug these type of issues. :)