Static linked libraries

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Tue Jul 28 04:51:36 CEST 2009

Ok, sorry, but before I send anyone who is admitting "shoddy" knowledge
of GCC down this road, just be aware of (among other things):

    * Because linked external programs are built into the executable
files, these files become larger.
    * You cannot change the behavior of executable files without
relinking them.
    * External called programs cannot be shared. Therefore, if more than
one calling program needs to access the called programs, duplicate
copies of the called programs must be loaded in memory.

Ps - run "./configure --help" to see all of the available nagios-plugin
compile options...

Cheers,, x2
Jamie