Copied and modified localhost.cfg, but new host stays unmonitored

Matej weselkorula at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:19:17 CEST 2009

Check the Configuration tab in nagios web interface, there it shows the
"live" config aka. what it read and loaded.
You probably need to add the new config  to your nagios.cfg file, so Nagios
can read it. You also have a parameter in nagios.cfg, that you can set to a
folder, and it reads all *.cfg files in that folder, thaat way you dont need
to specify all config files seperatly.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Dayo Adewunmi <contactdayo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I copied localhost.cfg to create an object definition for a new host:
> http://pastebin.com/f21c9df1c
>
> No matter how often I restart nagios, the new host isn't being monitored.
>
> Best regards
>
> Dayo Adewunmi

> reporting any issue.

lp