check_ping

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:28:16 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am using check_ping to checking the status of server (up or down). we have
two nagios servers (one at production site, USA and another one at DEV site,
India). I am now monitoring some of the network devices (using ping) resides
at USA from Nagios server located in India. All I am getting is,

Switch-III<http://172.16.17.45/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=1&host=Bedford-DC-Core-Switch-III>
PING<http://172.16.17.45/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=Bedford-DC-Core-Switch-III&service=PING>
  [image:
This service has 2 comments associated with
it]<http://172.16.17.45/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=Bedford-DC-Core-Switch-III&service=PING#comments>[image:
This service problem has been
acknowledged]<http://172.16.17.45/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=Bedford-DC-Core-Switch-III&service=PING#comments>[image:
This service is flapping between
states]<http://172.16.17.45/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=Bedford-DC-Core-Switch-III&service=PING>
WARNING 07-23-2009 18:04:28 0d 0h 2m 2s 3/3 PING WARNING - Packet loss = 0%,
RTA = 268.97
I am always getting warning message, since the RTA time would be normally
(on WAN) 268.97ms.

I did even changed the parameters in check_command, but still does not work.

  check_command                   check_ping!500.0,20%!900.0,60%

Can someone please give any solution for this?

Thanks
-Shankar
--
Shankar Asam