Alternate Configuration for PNP4Nagios in Nagios

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Jul 22 00:32:21 CEST 2009

Hi there --

Through the much appreciated help of members of this list, I was able to get
PNP4Nagios up and running. I wanted to
return the favor so I am sending this e-mail out to the membership with the
intent of sharing knowledge. If there are
problems with what I implemented, please let me know and I will endeavor to
rectify them.

I experimented with implementing the application within Nagios, and I came up
with an alternate method of accessing it.
This method is not meant to replace what the documentation offers, rather it is
simply another way of viewing the data.
I don't know if this has been done by anyone else. If it has, my apologies for
repeating something that has already been done.

The idea that I came up with was to add a link on the side panel that points to
the PNP4Nagios page. The example shown
here will place the link under the Event Log link of the Reports section. The
panel is under the control of the side.php file.

The steps that I took to complete the process are shown below:

	1. Make a backup copy of the side.php in case there was a problem.

	2. Open the side.php file using a text editor.

	3. Do a search within the file for the syntax: Event Log

	4. Add the following line immediately after that which references Event
Log:

		<li><a href="/nagios/pnp/index.php" target="<?php echo
$link_target;?>">PNP4Nagios</a></li>

	5. Save the changes that were made.

Once the above steps are completed, the administrator can refresh any of the
screens, and the side bar will look
like the attachment to this e-mail.

					 <<side.php.jpg>>

I have tested this configuration for about two weeks, and so far there have not
been any problems. If there are any
questions or concerns, please let me know.

dispose of the e-mail.