looking for a check servertime against main time server

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jul 20 14:50:06 CEST 2009

On Jul 20, 2009, at 6:36 AM, Roderick Derks wrote:

> Hi!
> Question: I'd like to have a plugin that checks if the time of a
> server is synced with the main-time-server in our network. The ones
> I found just check the servertime against the local Nagios server.

Those same plugins can be used on the hosts you want to check.

> Anbody got a good plugin?

Since the machines you want to check presumably aren't running ntpd
themselves, they don't expose the time over the network in a way you
can check without installing something on them to make it accessible.
Use check_ntp. You need to install it on the remote servers and run it
there through check_nrpe, check_by_ssh or the like.

--
Marc