Monitoring disk usage

Guy Waugh guidosh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:25:30 CEST 2009

Hi Juki,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Juki <juki.emma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guy,
>
> I tried all the changes as per your suggestion, however, I still come up
> with the same errors as before, that is;
>
> "NRPE: Command 'check_ora' not defined"
> "NRPE: Command 'check_server1' not defined"
> "NRPE: Command 'check_var' not defined"
>

> Where else in the configuration files on the monitoring server are commands
> defined?

They should only be defined in one place. From those errors, it sounds like
NRPE on the monitored host doesn't have those commands defined, which
suggests that it's not reading your nrpe.cfg config file. I would check out
NRPE on the monitored host... do any checks on that host work at all? Is the
nrpe.cfg file in /usr/local/nagios/etc? Is either the NRPE daemon running or
xinetd is handling the NRPE connections? Is the host listening on port 5666?
Are the permissions on the nrpe.cfg file correct? What happens when you run
an NRPE service check for that host manually, from the nagios server?

If none of that give you any joy, post the nrpe.cfg file to this list if you
like, suitably obfuscated of course.

Regards,
Guy.