Graphing data

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 12:33:37 CEST 2009

> I want to use graphing on my nagios instances, and I was wondering,
> will it only graph new data from the point of installation onwards,
> or will it graph history data from the nagios logs?

Depends what data you're talking about. Nagios doesn't really do graphs
(aside from the "trends" graphs). Many installations will pass the
output
from a nagios plugin into another program, nagiosgrapher for example, or

cacti I believe, which will graph it.

Nagios only logs the states, and the last output on a state change (or
restart, or log rotation). If you install something like nagiosgrapher,
it will start logging from the moment it's turned on, but wont have
historical data.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/