Monitoring disk usage

Juki juki.emma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:24:02 CEST 2009

Hi Guy,

Many thanks for your post.

I decided to go with Option (1) as per your description and did the
following in the nrpe.cfg file on the monitored host:

command[check_disk]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 30% -c 20% -p /
command[check_var]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 30% -c 20% -p
/var
command[check_server1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 30% -c 20% -p
/var/opt/BGw/Server1
command[check_ora]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 30% -c 20% -p
/var/opt/mediation/ora

And then on the nagios monitoring server I have this:

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       emm4
        service_description             Root Partition
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_disk!15%!10%!
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       emm4
        service_description             var Partition
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_var!30%!20%!
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       emm4
        service_description             server1 Partition
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_server1!30%!20%!
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       emm4
        service_description             ora Partition
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_ora!30%!20%!
        }

When I log into the nagios Web GUI, the services for the ora, server1 and
var partition have been successfully created. However, looking at the
"status information" column, I have the following errors:

"NRPE: Command 'check_ora' not defined"
"NRPE: Command 'check_server1' not defined"
"NRPE: Command 'check_var' not defined"

This indicates that I need to explicitly define 'check_ora', 'check_server1'
and 'check_var' elsewhere. So, where else must I define these services so as
to clear out the errors above?

Thanks in advance!