Monitoring disk usage

Juki juki.emma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:24:38 CEST 2009

Hello again,

Thanks for the tips so far. Now some responses;

On the monitored host, I have setup nrpe.cfg and therein I have set the
option "allowed_hosts=<IP of monitoring server>" and also revised the format
as shown below;

*#specific commands#
command[check_disk]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 30% -c 15% -p /
-p /var -p /var/opt/BGw/Server1 -p /var/opt/mediation/ora
command[check_swap]= /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_swap -a -w 10% -c 5%
command[check_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -w 300 -c 400
command[check_ssh]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh -4 -t 10 -p 22
localhost
command[check_ftp]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ftp -t 5

*Then on the monitoring server, I have also setup the monitored host file
(host.cfg) with the service description as follows;

*define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       emm4
        service_description             Root Partition
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_disk!15%!10%!
        }*
*
*After setting up all this, I refreshed the nrpe client on the monitored
host and also restarted the nagios service on the monitoring server, this is
after I checked that there were no errors whatsoever in the nagios
configuration files. And yes, I logged into the monitored host as the nagios
user and was able to verify that the check_nrpe command definition does run
successfully.

When I log into the nagios web GUI, I'm able to see the alerts, warnings and
details for the check_swap, check_procs, check_ssh and for check_ftp. For
the case of check_disk, I only see alerts/warnings and details only for the
root (/) partition and NOT those for the /var, /var/opt/BGw/Server,
/var/opt/mediation/ora.
This is despite the fact that these partitions are defined in the nrpe.cfg
file on the monitored host as shown above.

This is still puzzling....*

*