check ping explanation required

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue Jul 14 20:49:45 CEST 2009

shadih rahman wrote:
> David,
>    Thanks for your reply.  I am ensuring one icmp packet by using -p option
> in my command definition.  Please advise on this.  Thanks
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:40 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net>wrote:
>> The plugin issues 5 pings by default:

$USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ t 45 -4 -w 3000.0,100% -c
3000.0,100% -p 1

Hmmm ...

Well, assuming that your command definition got pasted correctly, it
looks like there's a typo in your command.  It should be "-t 45", not "t
45".  So I'd guess that perhaps the plugin is getting messed up by the
typo and never parsing the "-p 1" parm, and so still issuing 5 pings?
Just a guess though.

HTH,

DR