(no subject)

Spook ZA spookza at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:01:57 CEST 2009

2009/7/10 Morris, Patrick <patrick.morris at hp.com>:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009, Francisco wrote:
>
>> help, anyone using nagios to monitor switch 3com 4200
>> the nagios monitors only the port 14 and 16 with snmp
>
> I know this doesn't help with your switch issue, but you may want to
> consider trying your question again, and include how you're checking the
> switch, what the current configuration looks like, what version of
> Nagios you're using, and a subject line on your email.

If you are trying to monitor whether a port is up or down, this comes
from the sample config supplied with Nagios and was modified by me to
suit my needs.

define service{
        use                     generic-service ; Inherit values from a template
        host_name               switch-core-01
        service_description     Port 18 Link Status
        check_command           check_snmp!-C public -o
ifOperStatus.18 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB
        }