Problem with pnp4nagios

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Jul 9 21:07:04 CEST 2009

Followup:

I came across the following entry in the nagios.log file:

 Warning: Host performance command 'process-host-perfdata' was not found - host
performance data will not be processed!

What would the correct syntax be, assuming it is in the commands.cfg file, for
the process-host-perfdata command?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 2:37 PM
To: Joerg Linge
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Problem with pnp4nagios

Hi there --

Sorry about the incorrect syntax. Here is the output using the nagios.cfg file;

Check Nagios/PNP integration, v0.1.12

[I] OS: CentOS release 5.3 (Final)Kernel  on an
[I] Perl: 5.008008
[I] using Nagios basedir "/usr/local/nagios"
[I] using Nagios config "/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg"
[I] using Nagios binary "/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios"
[I] PNP mode: "default"
[I] Nagios info: Nagios 3.1.2
Copyright (c) 2009 Nagios Core Development Team and Community Contributors
[A] verifying Nagios config
[A] checking RRDtool (/usr/local/rrdtool-1.3.8/bin/rrdtool)
[I] RRDtool: RRDtool 1.3.8
[I] RRDs perl module not installed
[A] processing "/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg"
[I] nagios_user=nagios
[I] nagios_group=nagios
[I] using "/usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache" entries
Use of uninitialized value in string at /home/ahk/Nagios/pnp 4
nagios/pnp-0.4.14/contrib/verify_pnp_config line 596.
[E] value "" for "service_perfdata_command" is invalid
[H] http://www.pnp4nagios.org/pnp/config#default_mode
Use of uninitialized value in string at /home/ahk/Nagios/pnp 4
nagios/pnp-0.4.14/contrib/verify_pnp_config line 596.
[E] value "" for "host_perfdata_command" is invalid
[H] http://www.pnp4nagios.org/pnp/config#default_mode
[A] processing "/usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/process_perfdata.cfg"
[I] # $Id: process_perfdata.cfg-sample.in 520 2008-09-16 12:50:10Z pitchfork $:
%s
[A] processing "/usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/config.php"
[I] ## Version: $Id: config.php.in 607 2009-03-12 18:39:20Z pitchfork $: %s
[A] checking of "/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata"
[E] 1 dir(s) but NO rrd files => NO graphs!

The errors here are with the service_perfdata_command, and host_perfdata_command
lines. The nagios.cfg file
is included with this e-mail. Thanks.