Re NSCA

Nick Price np121 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:49:20 CEST 2009

Hello

I have 2 nagios servers ( 1 central and 1 remote)  on different networks
performing active checks. Everything works well with the email notification
and both web interface.

I am using NSCA to try and send all the results from the active checks on
the remote server to the central.

I have installed  NSCA on both servers and I can get send_nsca to send out a
test to the central server, I see it in the nagios.log

What I don't get is how to get send_nsca on the remote nagios to pick up the
results of the active checks and send them to the central server

It is vital that the remote server has its own web interface and send out
notifications as the ITC at the remote site need to see only the
hosts/services their own nagios monitors,  they don't have access to the web
interface on the central server

I am looking for a step by step guide to help.

Running fedora 11, nagios 3.1.2 and nsca 2.7.2

Many thanks

Nick