External Command File Error

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Jul 9 00:40:08 CEST 2009

Hi there --

Thanks for your reply. The answers to your questions are the following:

Does /usr/local/nagios/var/rw exist?
Yes, it does.

Does /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd exist after starting nagios?
Yes, it does. The external commands option is set to "1" in the nagios.cfg file.

Is the ownership of /usr/local/nagios/var/rw nagios:nagios?
Yes, the ownership is set to nagios:nagios.

Is the ownership of /usr/local/nagios/var/rw nagios:nagios? If so,
review the Fedora Quickstart Guide, specifically Step 1, Create
Account Information; you've missed setting the ownership of the files
and apache group membership correctly. Apache will need to be
restarted after making those changes.

I went ahead and ran the usermod command for Apache that was mentioned in
step one of the Fedora Quickstart guide. Once that was done, I restarted Apache,
and that appears to have solved the problem.

Thanks for the help.