monitor windows remote desktop from linux

Johannes Dagemark jd at op5.com
Wed Jul 8 11:40:51 CEST 2009

> An ideal check would be for some meatware to sit infront of a computer,
> log in with a few user names, check that the login is succesful, and
> push a button which sets the nagios state to "green". If they have a
> problem, push a different button to set the light to "red".

a bit of topic perhaps but something I have been thinking of every time
people ask me if it's possible to monitor this and that windows
application is to simply create a plugin wrapper around a mouse/keyboard
recorder such as www.autohotkey.com. This will let you record whatever
user behavior and run it as a plugin from nsclient++. You could even
create a macro starting an rdp session from a windows box :)

cheers
Johannes