monitor windows remote desktop from linux

Wed Jul 8 05:12:21 CEST 2009

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The problem is that before you can
monitor, you have to identify what exactly needs to be monitored. And
that's where the troubleshooting comes in. From then on, it could be
anything from an authentication issue to a protocol issue to an
encryption issue, clock skew (I'm not sure if the encryption in RDP is
time-sensitive. I don't think it is, but wanted to mention it), and the
monitoring needs to reflect the specific problem you are monitoring for.
If you don't know what exactly is going wrong, there is a high
likelihood that you are monitoring the wrong thing and don't actually
detect when the users are experiencing a problem - just as you saw with
the sockets.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.