Nagios thinks the archive logs are empty but they are not.

John Andrunas john at andrunas.net
Tue Jul 7 20:43:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Marc Powell<marc at ena.com> wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2009, at 12:23 PM, John Andrunas wrote:
>
>> When using the reporting functions in Nagios I can only view the
>> current days logs/statistics, anything beyond that is empty (on the
>> web interface).  The log path and permissions all seem to be good, and
>> I can see that the files do contain information.
>>
>> ls -al /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios 3178106 Jul  7 10:09 /usr/local/nagios/
>> var/nagios.log
>>
>> ls -al /usr/local/nagios/var/archives/nagios-07-06-2009-00.log
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 nagios nagios 57943 Jul  5 23:59
>> /usr/local/nagios/var/archives/nagios-07-06-2009-00.log
>
> How about permissions on the /usr/local/nagios/var/archives directory?
> Is SELinux enabled?
>
> Does the value of log_rotation_method in nagios.cfg match the rotation
> method indicated by the actual archive files?
>
> --
> Marc

drwxrwxr-x 2 nagios apache    4096 Jul  7 00:00 archives

no SELinux

log_rotaion is d which seems to correspond to the contents of the files.

The webUI seems to be looking in the right file/path, it just doesn't
show any contents.  Is there any way to increase the log level of the
Nagios Daemon?  I didn't see anything in nagios.cfg

--
John