general inquiry of method of install for Nagios 3.1.2 on Fedora 9 system

Mark Gius mgius at createspace.com
Wed Jul 1 19:55:58 CEST 2009

Because Nagios comes with a specfile, building Nagios only requires that
you install the appropriate development libraries and the rpm build
tools.  Then it becomes a matter of rpmbuild -ba nagios.spec.  IIRC this
builds the plugin rpm as well.

I just checked and I'm running libgd-2.0, so you should be able to build
the RPM just fine (as long as you install all of the necessary
development libraries).

-Gius