general inquiry of method of install for Nagios 3.1.2 on Fedora 9 system

Mark Gius mgius at createspace.com
Wed Jul 1 19:21:22 CEST 2009

My recommendation is to use the 3.0.6 RPM you found, or to build your
own RPM using the specfile that comes with the source distribution.
Building your own RPM means that Nagios is easier to install/uninstall,
and you can reuse the RPM pretty easily.

I'm using my own RPM of 3.0.6 and I've had no problems with it.  I don't
know what improvements are taking place in the 3.1 branch however.

-Gius