check_smtp issue

Edgar Matzinger Edgar.Matzinger at valid.nl
Wed Jul 1 10:54:57 CEST 2009

LS,

Dei scribbled on 2009-07-01:

> I have setup check_smtp in my Nagios to possibly check smtp flow.
>
> Configured my cfgs in command.cfg:
> define command{
> command_name check_smtp
> command_line $USER1$/check_smtp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 25 -w $ARG1$ -c
> $ARG2$ -t $ARG3$ }

OK.

> Configured on host nrpe:
> command[check_smtp]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_smtp -p 25 -w 5 -c

This check has nothing to do with NRPE.

> However when I check nagios page, I'm getting this error:
> check_smtp: Warning time must be a positive integer

What is your service description?

HTH, cu l8r, Edgar.
--
    |\  /| :                                : Addr: Valid Eindhoven B.V.
 /  | \/ | :     Edgar R. Matzinger         :       t.a.v. E.R. Matzinger
Disclaimer: Any comments, opinions made are mine, etc ...