Contacts and notifications - services

Ugo Bellavance ugob at lubik.ca
Fri Jan 30 13:57:31 CET 2009

Mathieu Gagné a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>> But this also leads to a duplication of a service that is currently
>> stated only once.
>>

> Is there any host left in the first service check which could be member
> of the hostgroup used in the second service check?

There is no second service check.

For example, here is my only service definition for load

# Service definition
define service{
         hostgroup                       linux-servers-nrpe
         service_description             Load
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              4
         normal_check_interval           1
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  sysadmins
         notification_interval           120
         notification_period             notsleeping
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                  check_nrpe!check_load!7,5,3!8,6,4
         }

This is the only definition of this service check. As you can see the
hostgroup is all linux servers that run nrpe, and that includes all of
our database servers, but also many other linux servers.

Thanks,

Ugo