Contacts and notifications - services

Ugo Bellavance ugob at lubik.ca
Thu Jan 29 20:52:57 CET 2009

Hi,

	We've been using nagios for a long while, but only needed one group.
However, we now want to add a "DBA" contact group, so that the database
administrators get notfications by e-mail if something goes wrong, but
only on database servers.

	I've created the contacts, the contactgroup (dbas), and added 'dbas' in
the host definitions of the database servers, but the dbas don't get any
notifications when there is a service problem with a DB server.  I
looked at my services and all of them are configured with 'sysadmins' as
contact_groups.  The problem is that many of my tests are done on many
servers, including DB and non-DB servers.  For example, I check the load
average on all my servers, but I only want the DBAs to receive e-mails
when the load is too high on a database server, not on all.

Running Nagios 2.12.  Will consider upgrading to 3.x if needed.

Regards,

Ugo