Windows disk health monitoring with smartmontoolsl/NSClient++?

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 02:56:46 CET 2009

If using NC_Net
look at the commands in chec_nc_net.c (nc_net's customized check_nt
compatible client)
check_nc_net --help=WMICAT_NEW
check_nc_net --help=WMICHECK
check_nc_net --help=WMICAT
check_nc_net --help=WMICOUNTER
WMICOunter can use -w and -c

each of these commands need the WMI Query as input and may give the results
back in a format that is easier to manipulate in a wrapper script instead of
a VB script (it depends on expertise and deployment strategy )

example of a input to WMI check/counter for NC_NEt:

check_nc_net -v WMICHECK -l "cimv2^freespace,name^win32_logicaldisk^name=
'c:'' -c 5000000000 -w 10000000000

Tony
(Author of NC_Net)