Expiring acknowledgements

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Sat Jan 24 00:56:57 CET 2009

Hi,

Frank Clements wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is anyone out there in user-land that has any process
> of expiring acknowledgements after a certain time period.  I've done some
> searching and came up mostly empty handed.  I've seen a mention of using SEC
> to carry this out, but I'm completely unfamiliar with SEC.  If this is the
> way to go I'm game for looking into using it.
>
> Anyone out there doing something like this and care to share how?

You could install NDOUtils [1], use Nagios::Object [2] or write yourself
a C script and use it to retrieve all acknowledged problems and remove
the acknowledge flag for each of them using external commands [3][4] if
they should expire.

Mathieu

[1] http://www.nagios.org/download/addons/
[2] http://search.cpan.org/~tobeya/Nagios-Object/