selectively disable notifications for services inheriting a specific template?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jan 23 21:07:50 CET 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Owen LaGarde wrote:

> Nope, that would alter the check behavior *and* require me to double
> the
> size of the config tree.

Service Dependencies *are* Nagios' answer to your stated problem.

How do you think it would alter the check behavior? Are you sure about
that?

As far as doubling your config, it certainly doesn't have to if you're
smart about it. I think a servicegroup in the template + 1 dependency
might be all you need. I can't say for sure since I don't use
dependencies but the it looks workable from the documentation...

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objecttricks.html#servicedependency

--
Marc