Really dumb question...Linux Client?

Marty Nelson MNelson at transdyn.com
Wed Jan 21 21:08:42 CET 2009

Hi all.

I have what's probably as simple of a question as there is.  I have Nagios running on a dedicated machine, and so far it's monitoring all of my Windows server, switches and printers.  What I have yet to figure out is how to monitor my Linux servers.  Currently it's monitoring itself, but that's about the extent of the Linux monitoring ;p

I feel like I've looked all over the web for an answer and have yet to come across one, so I'm hoping you kind folks can help.  I'm a Linux noob, but was able to get Nagios running and monitoring what it's currently doing, but could really use some help with the Linux monitoring side of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Marty