AIX & check_logfiles from consol.com issues/errors - please help

Mirza Dedic mirde at oppy.com
Tue Jan 20 22:18:17 CET 2009

Hello,

I am having issues getting the check_logfiles script from consol.com to work; I am using their latest script and it was compiled in my AIX 5.3 environment.

>From the aix box's console I run: check_logfiles -t 10 -f /test.cfg and I am expected to get a CRITICAL warning based on test.cfg's configuration:

$seekfilesdir = '/tmp';
@searches = (
  {
    tag => 'aix',
    logfile => '/mirde.log',
criticalpatterns =>
        [
        'W3SVC2',
    ],
    warningpatterns =>
        [
        'W3SVC3',
    ],
        options => 'count',
  },
);

My results from the script keep coming out as OK, where it should give me a CRITICAL and WARNING message since the 2 patterns exist in mirde.log test log.

Any idea why this is not working and/or tips?

The script seems functional, if I point the logfile to a non-existent file it will error out properly. The check script has a chmod of 777 as well and is being executed under root.

Thanks.

Mirza Dedic
Jr. Technical Analyst - The Oppenheimer Group
Office #(604) 461-6779 : Cell #(778) 895-8950