Hostgroup Issue

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:38:10 CET 2009

a sample host.cfg of my nagios server,

define host{
        host_name       airlin             ; The name we're giving to this
host
        alias           Airlin (TEST Server)     ; A longer name associated
with the host
        check_command   check-host-alive
        check_interval  3
        retry_interval  1
        check_period    24x7
        max_check_attempts      10
        address         x.x.x.x                    ; IP address of the host
        hostgroups      linux-servers           ; Host groups this host is
associated with
        contact_groups  admins
        notification_interval   120
        notifications_enabled   1
        }

service.cfg

define service{
        hostgroup_name                  linux-servers
        host_name                        airlin,lnx-test1,lnx-test2
        service_description             Root partition
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        check_interval                  3
        retry_interval                  3
        max_check_attempts              3
        notification_interval           4
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_root
        contact_groups                  admins
        }

check urs......

--