Nagios compatibility

Khairuzzamri k_zamri at kannal.com.my
Tue Jan 20 06:48:57 CET 2009

Thanks for the reply Marc ,

> Sounds like you didn't install the init script.
>
> Step 3 of http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-
> fedora.html --
>
> make install-init

Yeah, the make install-init step is not included in the guide.
How can I make install-init,
do I have to uninstall the recent nagios in order to do this?

> That would be an apache configuration problem. Check your apache error
> logs for information. If there's nothing interesting there, expand on
> what you mean by 'wont let me in' and the exact configuration steps
> you've taken so far. You might want to also read/review the actual
> nagios quick start guide above to make sure the one you're reading
> didn't miss steps.

I will check on that.
The page keep asking username and password, even the correct one has been
provided.
Means that I'm stuck at the login page and cannot access the nagios page.

> This just checks your nagios configuration (nagios.cfg and any
> cfg_files or resource_files referenced within it) for obvious syntax
> errors. It doesn't check apache configuration, startup scripts,
> whether your plugins exist/work, etc, etc.

> There are no incompatibilities with any flavor of linux that I am
> aware of. Nagios has pretty minimal requirements.

Thanks for the info man.

Thanks & regards,
Zamri