Support for snmp v2c with check_all_interfaces.pl

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Tue Jan 20 02:16:56 CET 2009

Sorry for the slow response.

I didn't change anything yet with the original pl code.  I actually
downloaded it again to a different machine, and it gives the same error:

nagios02:/home/nagios/libexec # ./check_all_interfaces.pl -H databasenode -C
public -v 1
CRITICAL: Could not read table by SNMP: Counter length too long (5 bytes)

nagios02:/home/nagios/libexec # ./check_all_interfaces.pl -H databasenode -C
public -v 2
CRITICAL: Could not read table by SNMP: Counter length too long (5 bytes)

I wonder if it is something with version running on the remote host??  I'll
keep digging into this, and idea's are more then welcome.  I'll post any
solutions I find.