bandwidtht monitor ?

Lars Kristian Klykken lars.k.klykken at met.no
Mon Jan 19 14:56:38 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:16:32PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> nagios is capable to do a lot. But is it possible to monitor the the
> bandwidht of a remote server using nagios ?

Maybe; it depends on how you want to monitor this. If you want to
monitor realtime usage and nothing more, I'd look into polling the
router or switch interface with check_snmp. If you want to trend the
usage as well as warn you when usage is going off the grid, you can
combine it with a third party tool like Munin or Cacti.

http://munin.projects.linpro.no
http://www.cacti.net

.../Bosse
--
Lars Kristian (Bosse) Klykken, Senior Engineer      Tel. +47 22963068
Linux Team / Server Operations / IT Department      Fax. +47 22696355