problem check_dell plugin

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Jan 15 22:57:16 CET 2009

Try:

$ sudo -H -u nagios /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dell.pl
--chassis

Otherwise, turn up the debugging in Nagios all the way.

~BAS

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Seth Simmons wrote:

> I'm having a problem using the dell plugin (from
> http://www.itefix.no/i2/check_dell, nothing useful in the forum)
>
> If I run the plugin (as nagios) on the box, it works fine.
>
> $ perl check_dell.pl --storage
> DELL STORAGE OK - Controller battery 0:ok  Controller perc 5/i
> integrated:ok  Enclosure backplane:ok  virtual disk 0:ok
>

> However, through nagios, it shows (null) and I can't figure out what I'm
> doing wrong.
>
> Here are the commands I have:
>
> define command{
>         command_name    check_chassis
>         command_line    /usr/bin/perl
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dell.pl --chassis
>         }
>
> define command{
>         command_name    check_storage
>         command_line    /usr/bin/perl
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dell.pl --storage
>         }

l8*
	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart.
    Show me an old liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains."
    ~ Winston Churchill