check_dhcp seems not working

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Jan 15 20:58:08 CET 2009

             Christian Iñiguez
             <challenger_josep
             h at yahoo.com.mx>                                            To
                                       "Morris, Patrick"
             01/15/2009 01:24          <patrick.morris at hp.com>,
             PM                        nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-users] check_dhcp seems
                                       not working

Christian Iñiguez <challenger_joseph at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

>Thanks but actually the plugin is setuid root, and as user root and user
nagios the outcome is the same =(

Christian, Patrick is correct, and something I forgot about.  The
check_dhcp plugin needs to be setuid, which you've indicated it is.

Can you try running check_dhcp directly from the Nagios server though?
With your setup, it doesn't make sense to use check_nrpe when you can query
the DHCP server directly.  And as I've said, I'm not sure you are going to
be able to run check_dhcp from the DHCP server itself, unless you have
multiple interfaces.

"Morris, Patrick" <patrick.morris at hp.com> wrote:

>>This one's come up a billion times or so on the list, but the most likely
cause of your problem is that the plugin needs to be setuid root.

James