problem check_dell plugin

Seth Simmons ssimmons at cymfony.com
Thu Jan 15 20:48:24 CET 2009

I'm having a problem using the dell plugin (from
http://www.itefix.no/i2/check_dell, nothing useful in the forum)

If I run the plugin (as nagios) on the box, it works fine.

$ perl check_dell.pl --storage
DELL STORAGE OK - Controller battery 0:ok  Controller perc 5/i
integrated:ok  Enclosure backplane:ok  virtual disk 0:ok

However, through nagios, it shows (null) and I can't figure out what I'm
doing wrong.

Here are the commands I have:

define command{
        command_name    check_chassis
        command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dell.pl --chassis
        }

define command{
        command_name    check_storage
        command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dell.pl --storage
        }